There are many reasons we use WordPress for the basis of our Web Designs. First and foremost for me it’s because WordPress is by far and away the easiest to learn and understand.
But here is a detailed list of the reasons and advantages to using WordPress:
- It’s FREE and Open Source – Being an Open Source Project, WordPress is completely free to use, forever!!!. Being Open Source means that there are people around the world continuously contributing to the project and improving it with extra features and improved security.
- An Abundant Array of Plug-in’s – If you need to add a particular function to your WordPress website, you can almost guarantee that there is a Plug-in available to do it. There are Plug-in’s for SEO, Contact Forms, Buttons, eCommerce, Photo Galleries, Guestbooks and Forums, Social Networking and the list is endless. By and large, the majority of plug-in’s that you would want to use are also free, with Plug-in developers offering “paid for” versions which add some extra features, or support for a fee.
- User Friendly CMS – In my opinion, WordPress has to be the easiest and most flexible Content Management System (CMS) around. I have used others, but WordPress is very intuitive and there is a wealth of information and help forums online if you get stuck.
- Themes let you “Style” the look – The way your WordPress website looks, feels and behaves is determined by the Theme used. So if you get sick of the look, or just feel like a change, you can achieve this by simply uploading a new Theme, activating it, and hey presto, there you have it. Of course it isn’t quite as easy as that because the reality is that some content may not suit the new styling, but there is nothing that is overly difficult to overcome.
- Your website can grow with you – Your WordPress website can grow with you and you can easily upgrade it with new features and security. You can change your Theme at any time without the need to re-do your whole website. Plug-in’s can be added for enhanced functionality (add e-commerce if your business grows, a photo gallery, conatct forms, etc.). WordPress is used by millions of websites, so it won’t be going away in a hurry.
- Good for SEO – Over the years I’ve used various SEO plugins including All-In-One SEO, WordPress SEO by Yoast, and Google XML Sitemaps. But even without these plugins, the simple structure of WordPress, the permalinks, and the easy linking in WordPress is Google friendly. I even heard a statement directly from the horse’s mouth Matt Cutts (the head of Google’s “Web Spam Team”) when he spoke at WordCamp San Fransisco 2009 where he said, “WordPress is a great choice” and went on to say how much “WordPress automatically solves a ton of SEO issues“. Don’t believe me, see for yourself below.
Custom WordPress Websites Customised Themes and Unique Websites.
Domain NamesDomain Name Registrations and Transfers.
eCommerce SolutionseCommerce made simple.
Email HostingPurchase Email Hosting.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)Optimise your website for better Search Results.
Website DesignWebsite Design, Maintenance and Development.
Website HostingPurchase Website Hosting.
Find Us on the Map
Our contact number is:
- Mon-Thur: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Fri: 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Weekends: Closed
- Public Holidays: Closed